Neck pain can be incredibly debilitating and make it difficult to complete even simple tasks, such as exercising, walking, or even sitting comfortably. Unfortunately, many people might not know the root cause of their neck pain, leaving them susceptible to experiencing reoccurring or chronic neck pain.
If your neck pain is now severe or chronic, it's best to get help from a chiropractor right away. At Southeast Chiropractic: The Motion Centers in Gastonia, NC, our chiropractors, Dr. Katherine Hoffman, Dr. Richard Snyder, and Dr. Crown Hoffman, are here to help you find relief from neck pain through high-quality pain management techniques. We want to find the root cause of your pain and provide a natural treatment plan to fully relieve the condition and prevent symptoms from returning.
What Causes Neck Pain?
Neck pain can have a variety of causes that are both simple and complex. Something as simple as sleeping in the wrong position can cause neck pain throughout the day. Other causes of neck pain have to do with the muscles or skeletal system. Common causes of neck pain include:
- Strained muscles, usually from lifting improperly or during exercise
- Radiating pain from upper back muscles, caused by tense or sore muscles
- Poor posture due to poor ergonomics or issues with the spine, such as a misaligned spine or scoliosis
- Personal injuries such as whiplash, an auto accident injury that causes the neck to move violently back and forth and causes neck pain in addition to other symptoms
How Can a Chiropractor Help Me?
Our chiropractors will determine the best course of treatment for your neck pain. During your first consultation, we will diagnose the root cause of your pain by conducting a physical exam, asking questions about your current symptoms, and possibly requiring imaging tests like x-rays to get to the root of your issues. Our chiropractors will then create a treatment plan personalized for your unique needs. Some common treatment options for neck pain include:
- Cold laser therapy to help soft tissues heal around the neck using a Summus Horizon medical laser
- Traditional manual adjustments that gently realign the spine and allow you to improve your posture and balance
- Lifestyle changes such as incorporating muscle stretches and exercises and changing your posture when sleeping or sitting
Find Neck Pain Relief Today in Belmont or Gastonia, NC
At Southeast Chiropractic: The Motion Centers, we make it our mission to help residents of Belmont and Gastonia heal from their neck pain completely. Call us today to schedule an appointment to find out how we can help.